Welcome

CURRENTLY VISITING HAWAII!!

Hawaii

Hawaii
Akaka Falls

See the World for Free

The idea here is to TRAVEL THE WORLD regardless of time or budget. It dawned on me one day that even if I had unlimited time and money (which I definitley do not), I still couldn't see everything in the world that I'd like to see--I'm simply not going to live long enough to do it.

But I had a bit of brain wave and soon after the travel envelope was born. This is an actual physical envelope. I typed the name of every country in the world, plus every state in the US on little slips of paper which I then put into the envelope. In the beginning we (myself, my husband, Dave and daugher Catherine) would draw out a slip at random at the beginning of the month and that's where we would go---at least in our minds. We grab some books about the country from the library and put them in our bathroom to look at. We also check out some videos about the country if any. We check it out on googleearth, listen to the music, try the food, maybe even attempt to learn a dance or celebrate a festival.

After the first two years we discovered that even virtual traveling can be tiring, so we travel now whenever I happen to be in the mood.

It's great fun. I especially love it when people I meet have been to the place I'm "visiting" in real life, or get excited and have some virtual adventures of their own. I hope that anyone who comes across this blog will feel welcome to come with us on the trip!



You have a standing reservation to see it all!

Jul 24, 2015

July 24, Disneyland Paris


What a way to end a spectacular trip--with some days in the most magical of all places. Her hostel is nicer than the one in Scotland as well. Basic. But with the French idea of a basic breakfast. Other hostel breakfasts are white bread one can toast, strawberry jam and cornflakes. Hard boiled eggs if you are lucky.  In France, 4 kinds of bread including baguette, lemon cake, fruit, fruit cocktail, 3 kinds of jam, honey cheese and cornflakes.

Her hostel is very centrally located so the train to Disneyland takes about an hour. But she gets to walk past the Arc d'triumph to get to the station.

In Paris, Phantom Manor is a much darker ride than the Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder is faster, but the Indiana Jones ride is just a roller coaster around the temple of doom.



 In Small World, Ariel is NOT wearing seashells (not a problem, they're all children).  Space Mountain is the best by far. The ride goes upside down and through an asteroid field. The graphics are amazing and you can't see the coaster track at all.



 In Star Tours, it was the old ride. The Droid spoke French while everyone else spoke English.

They don't sell ear hats!! Just headbands.

Food prices, as in America are distinctly non-magical.  And the nutella bread is no longer Mickey Shaped but the pizza is.



Since we had the day off today we had a good long Skype session and she took us on a tour of Alice's Curious Labyrinth.

Then she walked us all around the park, and through some of the shops. The castle looks amazing with waterfalls. It wasn't crazy crowded, and we could hear the happy Disney music all around. I'm glad Disneyland is one of her favorite places too. 







No comments:

Post a Comment